Accelerate Widget Locations
Chances are that you are already familiar with using WordPress widgets, click here for more information on widgets. The Accelerate them has a number of locations for displaying widgets. Most WordPress core widgets are filtered and supported by the AMP plugin, but results within the AMP environment may vary as any Javacript used in those widgets will be disabled.
- Main Theme Locations : These locations are displayed on every page or post across the site.
- Header : Widgets are displayed directly below the header bars.
- Before Content : Widgets are displayed above the page/post content.
- After Content : Widgets are displayed below the page/post content.
- Footer : In Footer V1 the widget location is a full width area above the other footer objects. In Footer V2 the widget location is placed in a 400px wide object on the left side of the footer below the logo and social button bar.
- Slide-Bar : Slidebar locations are page specific. When you place a widget in one of these lcoations it wil show up on that page (type) in the Slide-Bar inline with any other Slide-Bar widgets that also meet the location criteria.
- Sitewide : Widgets in this location will be included in the Slide-Bar on every page (type).
- Home Page : Widgets in this location will be included in the Slide-Bar on the home page.
- Blog Page : Widgets in this location will be included in the Slide-Bar on the blog page.
- Pages : Widgets in this location will be included in the Slide-Bar on page (post type “page”).
- Posts : Widgets in this location will be included in the Slide-Bar on posts.
- Category Pages : Widgets in this location will be included in the Slide-Bar on category pages.
- WooCommerce : Widgets in this location will be included in the Slide-Bar on WooCommerce pages inclduing the shop, products, and product category pages.
- WooCommerce – The WooCommerce shop also has it’s own location in the form of a true sidebar (only sidebar in the theme). Widgets placed in this location will only sho up on the shop page, it is useful for shopping tools like product filters and the cart widget.
Gutenberg Block Widget
The Accelerate them also includes a special widget for displaying blocks in widget locations. You must save the block you wish to use as a “reusable” block. Once you have created, named and saved a reusable block you will be able to choose it from the block selector in the Gutenberg Block widget. The them also enables access to the Reusable Blocks manager, you will find it in the admin menu bar (left sidebar) below the comments menu.